23 July 2012

on breaking routine

This piece is short, and my waistline has grown, due to a broken routine. My mind, cloudy, my spirit, weak, hope diminished, future looking bleak, all due to having abandoned the healthy mode of operation I have been following for months now. The cause for the break in routine was being asked to watch a neighbor's dog for a few days, sleeping over at their house and being told to eat as much of their food as I saw fit to eat. Being away from my own abode and thrust into a place packed full with food and possessing of a cable television hookup, I ate a lot of said food and watched far more TV than I had any right to watch.

Slowly, I shall work my way back into the rhythm of things, adopting once again a regular work schedule, a regular writing schedule, and a regular eating schedule, bringing my spirit back into a healthy alignment and returning to that point where I felt in control of my life, and happy. Moderation, humility, mercy – all of the important things in life simply seem to vanish when I go elsewhere, when I allow the discipline to slip, when I stop tending such tiny internal shoots of love as that have of late been pushing through the thick layers of my alcoholism, spiritual neglect, and apparent self-loathing. To routine I shall soon return, friends – perhaps after this nap. Mahalo.

場黑麥 mentiri manufactorem fecit

No comments:

Post a Comment