13 December 2014

toward inner peace

There are endless pathways toward inner peace; I have taken many; with some I've been pleased; some they might take longer and have fewer fans, while others claim that one must pray to a man. This man and no other! its adherents say while claiming there's no alternate proper way to calm the dark spirit that is the ego, that tricks us and tells us there's much that we know. I follow a different, simpler path that helps me to ease want and calm need and wrath, that in its first stanza says it can't be named then repeats this warning again and again. It's tempting to say, My methods and no other! without leaving open to sisters and brothers the option of finding out Truth for themselves or daring to state that they'll sure go to hell if they do not line up and march to a tune that's all but extremist, with no wiggle-room. I am not here saying that mine is the best, that it must be followed above all the rest, merely that to judge is a worn-out old steed, that one ought lead others with not words but deeds.

© americanifesto / 場黑麥

No comments:

Post a Comment