04 November 2016

on achieving lotus


After years of practice - stretching and bending, pushing and wincing - I am finally able to sit in half-lotus. It occurred yesterday at a friend’s house when I entered his living room to find all chairs occupied. Taking a seat cross-legged on the carpeted floor, I knew in the Hidden Place of Secret Knowing that - without pain or strenuous effort - I could fold one foot under me and deposit the other one on top of the opposing leg’s inner thigh. I cannot explain how I knew I could do this, only that my body had figured it out and given me the go-ahead via channels of communication that work with feelings rather than words. Praise and thanks be to the forces in this and the other realms that helped me reach this milestone. I’m excited for the challenges to come. Huzzah!

© JPR / whorphan / americanifesto / 場黑麥

No comments:

Post a Comment