31 May 2017

dreamstate writing 31 May 2017

Two others and I were working in a brightly-lit living area. It was a single room bifurcated by a shaft that opened onto a less-well-lit area below. The right side of the bifurcated room was fully furnished and finished, whereas the left side needed sleeping accommodations as well as work done on the walls and floors.
 
The man and I worked inside for a while setting up curtain rods and curtains, then exited through the tall, wooden front windows to unload mattresses from a truck parked outside. The mattresses were inflatable models, a light blue bladder underneath a darker blue woven covering, complete with tie-down straps.
 
He’d hand them to me, I’d heave the mattresses up onto the railing above us. and then the blond-haired woman would pull them inside. After I had delivered a couple, though, she closed the blinds. And when I leaned up to pull them back, I disturbed her in the process of fixing something, or setting something up, in a corner.

americanifesto / JPR / whorphan / 場黑麥

No comments:

Post a Comment