05 July 2017

this winding road


The vapor juice tasted good, so I bought a bitter one - and therefore stopped vaping.
The snacks tasted good, so I stopped buying ready-made foods - and therefore stopped snacking.
A trip to the barber shop every two weeks would have cost me many thousands of dollars, and so I spent forty dollars on a pair of clippers and learned to cut that shit myself.
The car got me to where I was going quickly but at significant financial and ecological cost; when it broke I fixed up a bicycle that gets me there less quickly but at a thousandth of the overall cost of driving.

In order to live simply and without spending much money, make life purposefully difficult. Then adapt, learning the skills necessary to live a fairly happy and healthy life, leaving the remaining bullshit and clutter on the side of this winding road.

americanifesto / 場黑麥 / jpr / urbanartopia / whorphan

No comments:

Post a Comment