06 January 2015

smugness and pith

The peers make good pressure, they pile it on, too bad of their presence I have become fond – if not I'd abandon (outright & forthwith) their churlish behavior, their smugness and pith. I know not to lay at their feet too much blame, for I all too willingly take up their game, instead of aligning myself with a crew of faces and tendencies unknown and new. It's hard for a man in this halcyon day to go it alone or to make his own way – he needs him a helpmeet and some good friends too, one without the other will simply not do. I know from the past not to sit by myself, for solitude strangely affects mental health, therefore I will accept love praise and adjust to all Fortune's whimsy, for in Her I trust.

© americanifesto / 場黑麥

No comments:

Post a Comment