05 September 2014

from fearfulness clean

I learned of a method in Twenty Thirteen that's keeping my spirit from fearfulness clean. Instead of just fleeing or running away from things that once used to plain mess up my day, I'm trying to meet them head-on, sans ado; I know now that, “The only way out is through.” I use this in all types of life situations, when pride, love, and honor beg for short vacations, when I get that feeling from outside to core that I cannot bear what's occurring much more. I'm slowly beginning to not turn away, to dig in my heels and find the strength to stay, to face down the patterns that once made me bolt, to adapt and conquer, to shape-shift, to molt. This is a long process, I'm still at the start, I feel in my loins though and know in my heart that there is no other, no alternate path, to conquering sadness and harnessing wrath. Some say it takes courage to face down one's fears, I find it far better than drowning in beers or numbing the senses with substance abuse or other such methods that some people use. Please lend me your patience and pardon my mess; I'll never be perfect, this much I confess; my aim is to lessen foul memory's toll and every so slowly to make myself whole.

© americanifesto / 場黑麥

No comments:

Post a Comment