22 September 2014

its most mind

The panic that often did threaten to rise now hides from the inner and the outer eyes. I know taste and feel it, I sample and smell, so that its soft contours I know pretty well, so that instead of ruining my days I flat-out avoid its most mind-numbing haze. “Fear is the mind killer,” said people in Dune, then trained to control it from midnight to noon, when eating and sleeping when loving and not they would not inhabit its restricting slot. So shake off those fetters and throw off that cloak for life is best met with a smile and a joke, a laugh and a handshake, a kiss and a wink, it's not quite as bad as the worrywart thinks. To fear is a daily and a conscious choice so rob it of power and silence its voice; all life is eternal, the soul never dies, now stop feeling sorry and be done with lies and be done with petty and short-sighted goals that leave a most lasting and dastardly toll.

© americanifesto / 場黑麥

No comments:

Post a Comment