24 November 2014

insight and honing

Just half of a fortnight I've been here, back home; at times with some people but often alone. To spend all one's hours with others is neat but there's not a person Alone Time can beat, for gathering insight and honing the mind I find in the Stillness a magical time, when I can speak little and sit by myself, do yoga or inspect the things on a shelf. I have faced harsh critics who judged my lone ways, who said I should not waste away my short days by sitting in solitude with my door locked, nor seeking out others to run down the clock. Where this path will take me no person can tell, I have learned to love myself thorough and well, I have learned to accept my gifts and not dwell on things that contort my mind into a Hell.

© americanifesto / 場黑麥

No comments:

Post a Comment