11 February 2016

hurdles and love

To stay in the now in this moment right here is to keep the balance of life-forces near: the dark ones they well up without conscious thought; the light ones from vigilant wakefulness wrought. To stay in the present I must sit and breathe and seek not in mind-space a comfy reprieve from life's twisting fortunes from life's ups and downs but feel through these hurdles and love through these bounds. My ego says 'No! Don't! It's better like this!' then tricks with the falsehood of ignorant bliss then tricks with the fancy of fleeting desire and quenches the light of the deep holy fire. The Powers are watching through these my two eyes they scoff at the petty and poorly-formed lies that spring from the ego that sound true and wise. Here now I am judging what happens inside when I ought to watch it sans judgment or pride; I'll return patient observing forthwith – which is a most truthful and virtuous gift.

© americanifesto / 場黑麥

No comments:

Post a Comment