17 July 2013

bitch brings blessing

Since last Sunday, I have been dogsitting a 200 pound English mastiff. A rescue often spooked by her own shadow, the big bitch and I got know each other while I was nursing her back to health after tail-removal surgery, keeping her cone-of-shame in place and the pills in her food. Now, her family is once again at the beach, and I am once again watching over her, making sure she walks regularly and always has fresh water. Oh how I wish to sleep in, though, skip my 2-hour morning yoga practice, and go straight from bed to teach my private clients yoga. My duties to the dog, however, keep me on the straight and narrow, because it makes no sense to me to sleep through my 3:45 a.m. alarm and postpone my practice when I have to walk the canine by 6:30 latest so I can make it to class before 7. Therefore, I arise well before the crack of dawn and do my good work before hauling ass over in time to keep the big bitch's bladder from bursting. Aho.

mentiri factorem fecit – 場黑麥

No comments:

Post a Comment