15 July 2013

on changing flora

The bottle of probiotic powder cost a hundred bones. I bought it instead of going to see the play Noah, during my family's reunion. Fuck going to the play Noah; if I had wanted to read the story of Noah, I'd have bought a bible from the dollar store, for a dollar. Since receiving the powder I have added 1/32 of a teaspoon of it to my morning protein shake, one made with organic whey powder, natural peanut butter, chia seeds, cinnamon, honey, and almond milk. And boy do my guts like their new inhabitants, the good little microbes expanding throughout my intestines, the millions of microscopic remora cleaning and grooming me, their sentient and bipedal man-shark. After little more than a week, the probiotics have helped make my mind less cluttered, my yearnings fewer, my needs less pressing, and my Spirit lighter. The gut is indeed a powerful force, the third mind of man.

mentiri factorem fecit – 場黑麥

No comments:

Post a Comment