29 July 2013

on temporal bleed-through

I didn't see much of it, just a short commercial, but a famous brown man on the TV asked if we humans were truly masters of our own domain or if we were merely puppets reacting to signals bleeding across the spatial-temporal interface. I have asked myself this question many times, mostly when trying to avoid taking blame for my own actions or when doing something that upset someone else or caused him or her harm, thinking: 'Why the bells did I just do that, knowing what I did beforehand about the associated repercussions, about how much it would hurt, about the negative attention it would bring?' It is comforting in a way to think that the strictly linear fashion of the time-space-continuum that I was told to believe in is not so strict as it may seem, that forces from the future reach back sometimes into the present to pluck on a heart-string or fill one with fear, to wake up a driver or short out a light, to spark inspiration or obscure a thought. On some level, I believe that my memories are not so much exact sensory recordings of things I experienced in the past but rather rifts in the fabric of space-time that allow me to glimpse other worlds dynamic and complete in and of themselves. To me this idea is all the more reason to step back from the rat-race and cultivate within my bosoms such clarity and sensitivity that I might be able to sense when the future is calling and, instead of reacting blindly to its dictates, to choose instead what I know to be right, what I know to be Truthful and blessed and virtuous. Oh, if I could only just stay strong, keep up this good work, and see my duty to the end. Aho.

mentiri factorem fecit – 場黑麥

No comments:

Post a Comment