19 August 2013

beyond all control

No matter how magnanimous or calm I am, no matter how understanding or sober, I shall never be good enough for some people; their moods will remain forever beyond my control. The need to be accepted and liked by people is a holdover from my life before I completed the training, when I tended to tether myself to others' opinions and moods, before I came to understand how strong is my empathy, how powerfully I am affected by the energies people emit when they think or talk about me. The Warrior's Path differs from that of the average mortal in that it entails breathing through and unlearning one's habits rather than repeating or perpetuating them; it helps one center body and spirit rather than flying off the handle and always blaming the world for one's problems. For me, this means staying quiet and not responding when others heap fear and woe and frustration upon me, feeding their egos silence instead of the hatred and discontentment they so desperately wish me to bounce back at them, maintaining purity of vision instead of letting it become clouded with rage. Few are they who know this Path, fewer still who walk it. Aho.

mentiri factorem fecit – 場黑麥

No comments:

Post a Comment