02 August 2013

on morning dreamings

I awoke this morning in a panic, convinced I was being accused of larceny by a ticket collector on a train in Russia. In this dream I had gone to the restroom after plugging in my cellphone and was making my way back to my seat when the uniformed agent approached, whereupon I discovered that my passport was missing from my person and my luggage was missing from the rack. So vivid and lifelike was this dream that I woke up, had a look around, ascertained my whereabouts, went back to sleep, and dove right back into the tale, only to realize I was clawing my hands bloody looking for my stolen things in huge bins of jagged ice. (There were other people on the train with me who also had their things stolen; I have forgotten their faces but not their aura.) So great was the clarity of this dream, and so flawless were the details, that I am 50% convinced that I was looking through the eyes of a person who was actually enduring this trauma, a person on the other side of the world who had been robbed of his passport and cellphone and who was about to spend the weekend in a Russian jail. Let's hope the poor sop cleared his name. Aho.

mentiri factorem fecit – 場黑麥

No comments:

Post a Comment