16 August 2013

on waking up

This morning, I woke up in my Kelty Tempest 2 tent feeling an urgent need to pee. As I crawled out onto the lawn to relieve myself, I had the sneaking suspicion that I would not be getting any more rest. Before I had even expelled the last drops, my alarm sounded, signaling 3:45am. I reached into the gear loft, put the alarm on snooze, finished my business, crawled back into the tent, zipped up all the zippers, and dove back into the last remnants of my dream, in which I was a pregnant woman wearing a jacket stiffened with ropes living in the collapsible racks of a big-box store right next to a train station. Moments before I had climbed into a train that was carrying a large bronze frieze honoring the persons involved in China's Long March, the buzzer rang once more, waking me up fully. I went inside, did my 2 hours of yoga, bicycled into town, taught another hour of yoga, and am now blogging and handling biz. So far, it's been a good day.

mentiri factorem fecit – 場黑麥

No comments:

Post a Comment