06 September 2013

on processing hatred

Recently, I have had heaped upon me a spiteful woman's scorn. I know not for sure why she hates me, and she knows not for sure why she hates me, but she has taken it upon herself to loathe me with passionate tenacity. The situation would be different if I were to choose not to go to their house regularly in order to make free lessons available to the whole family; the husband is so far my and only student however and I cannot bail on him, for I enjoy his company and watching his practice progress. I process this woman's hatred by accepting it and allowing it to wash over me without letting it get stuck to Spirit. I meet her injuries with kindness and her barbs with soft words. I greet her when I meet her and listen when she speaks. Perhaps responding in this way keeps the fires of her hatred alive – as one who cultivates within her soul dark and sad and dismal energies, she is likely intimidated by the brightness and Happiness I have sown within my own. So, what to do? Do I stay away entirely, ceasing to teach and canceling the friendship? Do I bear the slings and arrows of this misfortune, accepting them as tests of my compassion, courage, and dedication? I aim to live a life free of the shackles of woe and sadness and suffering, and I injure the Tender One within me every time I expose myself to negative emotion. I alone am responsible for my emotional status and for how I react to my environment and the people in it. Therefore, having abandoned slavery and taken up a hero's path, I shall continue to meet lies with truthfulness, loathing with love. Aho.

mentiri factorem fecit – 場黑麥

No comments:

Post a Comment