02 December 2013

on simple measures

For a long time I turned to complex and difficult arrangements such as alcoholism and drug abuse and sadness and fear to address the challenges of my life, but now I meet them with yoga. In the discipline and the daily practice of yoga I find the time I need to root through and clear out the troubles that plague my mind; it helps me stay out of the head-space and in the Here and Now, in the moment, which is where I am coming to feel that life is best lived. The heights to which I might climb are great with yoga; the depths to which I would have sunk had I stayed with my old patterns are now beyond reckoning. The virtuous path is straight and easy, but people prefer the side-routes. Curious is this human existence. Praise be as always to the ancient masters, to Spirit, and to the sage Laozi. Aho, huzzah, & mahalo.

© americanifesto / 場黑麥

No comments:

Post a Comment