16 January 2014

on cali days

I awake well after dawn huddled in a nest of blankets on a tile floor. After relieving myself I restart the stalled movie from the night before. Hearing my noises, Tallbreeno sleepily emerges from his room, staring at me with a mischievous glint in his eye, saying, “Shmoke a bowl?” We partake, don wetsuit, grab surfboard, and make for Bay Street. After an hour and a half of surfing and paddling around in the mushy beach-break (me in just a half suit) we leave the ocean, limbs frozen and stiff as clubs but spirits high. “Another run before I head back East,” I say. We make a light lunch; we indulge. Proud are our twin mounts, and fast. Betas they are, of the Retrospec cut, and on them we haul ourselves silently and swiftly across the phaltscape. In an hour we ride from Main Street – Santa Monica to Venice & Vine. After effectively running up the steps at Runyon Canyon we ride over to Beechwood Canyon and smoke yellow balls of wax with a longtime friend in her dismally-lit apartment. With a purplish haze clouding our minds we return to the Westside for dinner at The Misfit. Nuuzstathena praise El Pueblo De Nuestra Seniora La Reina De Los Los Angeles and all whom she protects. Mahalo & huzzah.

© americanifesto / 場黑麥

No comments:

Post a Comment