17 January 2014

on feeling-creep

While bicycling in Los Angeles during the past two weeks, my mind was clear, my heart filled with song. Within hours, however, of returning to small-town, rural Pennsylvania, I felt myself filling with anger, discontent, impatience, and other patterns of negative thought. I wonder what has caused my modes of thinking to shift so violently. Is it my body transitioning from surf and sun and cycling to overcast skies and frigid temperatures? Is something in the water fouling my mood? Or am I correct in attributing this negativity to frustrations and malicious thoughts about me experienced by other people that are somehow seeping telepathically into my awareness? I am already becoming comfortable with these sensations, even though I do not necessarily wish to. For my own sanity and happiness I must leave this place and return to a place where I am valued and respected and loved. Aho.

© americanifesto / 場黑麥

No comments:

Post a Comment