28 August 2014

Baroque classical music

In order to write I've developed a trick – I listen to Baroque classical music. The strains of Beethoven and Bach and Mozart awaken my senses with a bold kick-start; they occupy portions and parts of my brain that yearn for distraction again and again. The music I listen to cannot have singing for otherwise I will for sure get to thinking and just try to figure out what's being said, which snuffs out my fires and makes them go dead. I first started doing this back in the day, on my Sony Walkman Beethoven would play, his final 9th Symphony was all I would hear through bright orange headphones attached to my ears. The cycle continues; it still serves me well; it's nearly surefire, like ringing a bell; it helps me keep writing in silence or crowds, when people around me are noisy and loud. To do it just download a classical tune, rejoice that you've found a most timeless of boons, take pencil and paper or use a laptop, with practice you surely will come out on top.

© americanifesto / 場黑麥

No comments:

Post a Comment