18 August 2014

on flipping switches

I learned how to turn off most yearning feelings when I was a pipsqueak, first spreading my wings. It happened soon after my family moved to Deutschland – Germany – where I felt behooved to throttle the misery building within so as to my new life abroad to begin. The friends and dear classmates that I'd left behind weighed massive and foremost upon my young mind, so much so I had to just learn to unfeel, with such strong emotions I couldn't then deal. Now I'm in my thirties, becoming a man, on my own two feet I can more and more stand, but still I can flip off what most others can't – compassion and longing and deep-seated want. Oh well, that's my station, it isn't so bad, at least I don't easily break or get mad, please wish me good fortune and much Happiness as I navigate this here flesh-and-bone mess.

© americanifesto / 場黑麥

No comments:

Post a Comment