07 August 2014

there and ponder

By speaking about great immutable Truths one shepherds them into all-too-skinny booths, imprisoning them with inadequate words, transmuting what's gold into fresh, steamy turds. Therefore I'll remember next time I dare speak to stop up my pucker and shore up what's weak, to keep to myself many things I have learned, to cherish such beauty as sacrifice earned. This task is not easy, for others expect to sit there and ponder, comment, and correct, to say how I should have done this or done that while I keep on spewing until I go flat. Silence it is golden, worth more than much else, it's greater than petty, material wealth, a pillar of strength in a house built of sticks, I'll now shut my yapper before I fall sick.

© americanifesto / 場黑麥

No comments:

Post a Comment