05 March 2015

from yesterday's fears

I learned at a young age that all people leave but not so much how and for how long to grieve. I sank into alcohol, wallowed in pity, and wasted a lot of time being plain shitty. Fourteen years now have passed since my Mom did die and here I sit still with a tear in my eye and reject the errors, the faults of my past while looking for meaningfulness that will last. I find that it helps to have people nearby who care for me and do not mind if I cry or sit there in silence and keep my mouth shut and trust in the Truth that lives deep in the gut. It is the small victories won every day that help me to get back up and onto my way, that help me keep learning from yesterday's fears the long solid wisdom that lasts through the years. Rise up from the pit now and reject what's false, there will be more obstacles and higher walls, but using the lessons I have learned so far I swear to keep for Hope my soul's door ajar.

© americanifesto / 場黑麥

No comments:

Post a Comment